Re: Help: Where is the subscriber's account manager?

Ed Greshko wrote:
> It is possible that when some people see areas divided by bold text with
> contrasting background they feel "/The subscribers list is only
> available to the list administrator" /applies to all within that block
> and stop reading.
>
> I feel a separate "admin only" area would be better.
>
> Suppose that is a bugzilla for mailman....

I don't disagree that the listinfo page isn't the greatest layout ever
(he says, hoping for a nomination in the "understatements of the year"
category).  But I would say it's not even bugzilla material, as making
such a large change to the mailman package defaults is beyond what
should be expected of a Fedora packager.

I might also argue that we should expect that subscribers be willing
to read the whole page and if they aren't that they should use the
list help or mail the list admins.  If they won't do that, then
there's not much we can do (not directed at you Dan, just a general
comment ;).

All that said, Barry Warsaw just announced yesterday that work is
beginning on the web interface for Mailman 3, the long awaited next
generation of Mailman. :)

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-announce/2010-January/000143.html

Any web designers or coders that would like to see improvements to the
default web UI for Mailman are welcome to contribute.

Most economic fallacies derive - from the tendency to assume that
there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of
another
    -- Milton Friedman