Re: Fedora 12 on ati radeon laptop

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:04:27 -0700
Kevin Kempter <kevink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> how can I get dual monitors working on it? I dont care about 3D. I enabled the
> rpmfusion repos. I tried to install the kmod-fglrx package via yum but I get a
> message that no package kmod-fglrx is available.

You should not need fglrx to get your dual monitor setup working. If
you _want_ to use fglrx, this is not the place to ask.

With that behind us:
What is the name of your video card (from lspci output)?
What is the output of "xrandr" when the secondary monitor is plugged?
If it doesn't work, you should file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com with the
following information, with both monitors plugged in:
/var/log/dmesg after booting with drm.debug=15
/var/log/Xorg.0.log