Re: Cannot boot into new kernel after first post-install Fedora 12 update

Jay_Linux ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 19/01/2010 13:48:
> This is on a Fedora 12 i386 system (new install from DVD).  On doing
> online update (though PackageKit module) and selecting all updates
> (about 850 MB) , on rebooting, I find that I cannot boot into the new
> kernel. Though the new kernel with images are there in /etc/boot it
> still boots into the old kernel:
>
> New - 2.6.31.9-174.fc12
> Old - 2.6.31.5-174.fc12
>
> I had selected all packages (green, orange, red) from the Update Applet
> window.
>
> The contents of the /boot dir are as in this image:
> http://www.imagebam.com/image/a17ab164358024
>
> Any suggestions on how to proceed. or anybody else with a similar
> problem w/ a wrokaround ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jay
>
> --
> Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)

  try to remove updated kernel and reinstall it...I had a similar issue
updating with a DVD (exactly, I had errors during boot, then I rebooted
with the old kernel, I removed and reinstalled it).
This is the dirty way, no idea why it happened!!!

--
Antonio

Prima di stampare pensa all'ambiente
Think about environment before printing

Skype: antoniomontag
SIP:antoniomontag@xxxxxxxxx
Alice 20 Mega
VoIP: 0296118784
Mail by Thunderbird 3.0 - Websurfing by Firefox 3.0