Re: What are the 3 progress bars during a Fedora Boot Telling me?

2010/1/17 Mail Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 01/17/2010 01:01 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>
>>>    Yeh ok - but shud these things not be documented somewhere with images ?
>>
>> That is very true. But I guess like most apps in linux, the developers
>> are not always interested in providing good documentation.
>>

>  I dont agree - it is true for a subset - NetworkManager, Dbus,
> plymouth spring to mind .. not sure whats common among these ...
>
>  Many - no definitely most - apps are quite well documented (gcc,
> sendmail, apache, squid, iptables, ssh[d], ksh, xterm, gdm (ok well some
> docs anyway), named etc etc etc).

I should have been more specific :-p, what I meant was most of the
newer, especially the GUI apps. Like the ones you pointed out, or the
subject of this thread, plymouth and some more like those. As for the
standard GNU/Linux command line tools, they are very definitely well
documented through man pages and info manuals. However best part about
linux is probably the variety of community documentation available all
over the Internet. :)

--
Suvayu