Re: Booting issues with F11

Reg Clemens wrote:

>>> I am having real problems.
>>> I have had one machine with F11 on it, and decided to bring all of my
>>> 'older'
>>> machines up to F11.
>>>
>>> In each case ( 32bit or 64bit machine ) the install goes without problems,
>>> but when I finish the install and it tells me to reboot, the system is
>>> incapable
>>> of rebooting.  It hems, it haws, and then tries an ethernet boot which is
>>> the
>>> last of its choices.
>>>

>> I think you will need to provide more information if you want any help with
>> this.  Did you do a clean install or an upgrade?  Did you do an install from
>> the DVD as a disk?  HD install? http install? Some other?  Did you do it
>> from a usbkey?
>>
>> Without more information it is not easy to offer any suggestions.
>> --
>>
> Well, I thought it would be obvious, since I didnt say anything else, that I
> was doing an INSTALL and doing from a DVD whose checksum checked.
>
> Anything else?

This then begs the question....

You said: "I have had one machine with F11 on it"  but now you've tried
installing on some "older" systems and it has failed for you.

So, what is different between the system with F11 on it and the "older"
systems...or what did you do differently?  I have some older
system...but F11 and now F12 works fine on it.  So, unless "older" can
be defined there is little that can be offered.