Re: how to control FC update 10 -> 11

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM, jack craig <jackc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a FC10 host and want to do the inplace upgrade to fc11.
>
> i Dont want to use fc12. I am concerned the instructions i have
> seen for yum update might take me from fc10 to fc12.
>
> how may i control my upgrade from fc10 to fc11?

Preupgrade will definitely push you into F12; so don't use it. If you
must do an in-place upgrade follow the instructions given at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq. It's also a good idea to
disable all third-party repos until after the upgrade (reduces package
conflict resolution time).

Using F11 install media guarantees that the installer will only
install F11. Why don't you want to go that route?