Re: FC12-- Temporarily turning off IPv6 in Firefox and Thunderbird

> We think it is a "misconfigure" notebook on the network here.  I
> succeeded in deleting the gw route, and 2 minutes later it was back.
> And the network guys confirmed it is not coming from them.  Then I
> remembered I did not have this problem yesterday.  So the current
> thought is someone showed up today and their system is advertising
> something (RA?) that I am picking up.

Hm... now why didn't I think of that. Most definitely the cause of this.

You could set iptables to block RA messages, or sniff the packets and
track down the MAC of the offending user. Use triangulation from their
APs to find the l33t hax0r. :)