Re: FC12-- Temporarily turning off IPv6 in Firefox and Thunderbird

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am at the IEEE 802 Emergency Services Study Group meeting and IPv6 is
> configured on their wireless and not working, so to sites like IETF and
> my home, I am getting long time outs until Firefox and Thunderbird give
> up and then try IPv4.
>
> How do I change things that for this week, I skip the IPv6 attempt?
>
> Oh, and next week is IEEE 802.15 Interim that will probably also not
> have IPv6 configed right, and the week after that is IEEE 2030 which,
> well I just don't know...  :)  IEEE month for me!

On Fedora/GNOME, System, Administration, Network. Select the interface
you'd like to use (my wireless is wlan0, for example). Hit the Edit
button on the toolbar and uncheck the option labeled "Enable IPv6
configuration for this interface."

You'll likely need to restart networking to get everything squared away.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC