Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: TV over the internet

Hi;
On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 23:45 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi Bill;
> >
> > On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 15:02 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> > I use TVTime.  It does one thing only, but it does it well.  It gives me
> > my cable TV.
> >
> > It is easy to install and configure and just keeps on ticking.
> >
> > (Actually it does more than one thing, but there is no doubt that it's
> > main purpose is to run a TV tuner card for TV viewing.)
> >
> Huh, that stopped working for me about FC10, I was told it had to do woth the
> kernel drivers switching to DVB access. Or maybe that was only recent cards, I
> should dig out my oldest TV cards and see if any still works.

It handles digital cable here perfectly.  The cx2388 driver for analog
has some alsa sound problems.  I use a Hauppauge HVR 1800 tuner which
should be modern enough.  Check out the TVtime home page for their
change log.  I know there was a problem like you say for a short while
but I also know it has been fixed.  I have copious notes on this here
somewhere so if you need more info let me know.  I probably have it
here.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28