Re: TV over the internet

> Hi Tim;
>
> On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 15:26 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I've read lots of online postings about people
>> who are apparently watching TV on their computers,
>> but I haven't seen a concrete description of what to do.
>>
>> I'd love to see a posting from someone who has abandoned
>> the traditional TV set in favour of the (Fedora) computer.
>>
> I have a TV tuner card with my computer connected to my cable.  It's
> great.  I prefer it to having my computer connected to my TV.

What application do you use for watching? I've been looking for something user
friendly to give some people still on FC4 because they can understand xawtv and
all the easy to use applications stopped working. They rejected MythTV at the
point where it said "have your DBA set up a database..." and I have not found
anything which can handle clear-QAM, over the air digital, and NTSC without
asking for user entered channel frequencies in MHz or other things these people
aren't about to do.

Note: even if I was willing to set it up for them for free, they would expect
support at the same price, advice I give them, time consuming work not so much.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>