Re: strange prompt for password protected partition

On 1/12/10, Chris Smart <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/1/12 Andras Simon <szajmi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I'm at the reboot stage of installing F12 on a netbook with a
>> password protected /home partition (carried over from F10). I get a prompt
>>
>> "/home is password protected:"
>>

> I can confirm that I had *exactly* the same problem installing F12 on
> an Asus netbook.

Thanks!

I found this
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#encrypted-password-for-text-boot
which shows that we're not alone. There's a workaround there, which
might have helped you, but for me it results in an "undefined video
mode number: 318" error.

Also according to the link above, updating plymouth should help (and
is possible  in rescue mode) but it requires an initrd rebuild.
Trouble is, the installed kernel is PAE and the rescue kernel is not.
There's more fun lying  this way, because installing the non-PAE
kernel even in a chrooted environment doesn't seem to be that simple;
I tried it and ended up with an unbootable system.

I'll probably soon follow your lead and give up on this encrypted
partition thing.

Andras