Re: strange prompt for password protected partition

2010/1/12 Andras Simon <szajmi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm at the reboot stage of installing F12 on a netbook with a
> password protected /home partition (carried over from F10). I get a prompt
>
> "/home is password protected:"

I can confirm that I had *exactly* the same problem installing F12 on
an Asus netbook.

It does exactly what you say:
Prompts to unlock /home
Typed passphrase shows in cleartext
Hitting enter results in conversion to asterisks but does *not*
continue booting.
Continuing to hit Enter just adds more asterisks.

It never actually unlocks the partition and it just sits there.
Ignoring the prompt appears to eventually time out and boot, albeit
without your partition mounted of course.

I just re-installed without encryption.

-c