Fwd: bluebirds anyone?

second post the first seems to have been lost.

Dave

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
  Krishnamurti

Well, I googled around and it appears to be the case that LG provides this as firmware of some kind on the drive, apparently to provide burn software. It is a nuisance and anyway I do not want Windows executables (or anything else really) installed on my system without me knowing anything about it.

I don't see any way to get this disabled or generally make it go away. /proc/mounts shows this line:

/dev/sr0 /media/Bluebirds iso9660 ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=500,gid=500,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500 0
Could I do a firmware update? suggestions?

Dave