Re: Anyone know of a program to read dicom files?

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone know of a program to read dicom files on Linux?
>
> I tried both cinepaint and gimp which claim to support dicom files, but
> cinepaint crashes and gimp says
>
> Procedure 'file-dicom-load' returned no return values
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Paolo

Have you successfully opened the files before? Years ago I wrote a
simple python based image viewing program to do just this for work and
imported ImageMagick to open the files and it worked fine. You can
install ImageMagick and use the "display" command line program or use
"convert" to another format.

Richard