Need usb troubleshoting tool

Greetings all;

Do we have a usb monitoring tool that can detect and name the processes that
are apparently fighting over a device plugged into a semi remote usb hub, a 7
port Alps gizmo plugged into one of the mobo ports?

Or is it possible that because it is not plugged directly into the
motherboard, that some other process is claiming the attention of that hub,
and making usbhid-ups _think_ another process has locked the ups for its own
use?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

nolo contendere:
	A legal term meaning: "I didn't do it, judge, and I'll never do
	it again."