Re: Installation plays hardball

On Friday 01 January 2010 19:31:07 BeartoothHOS wrote:
> 	I know Anaconda offers an option to *hide* LVM, but I don't
> recall any choice to eschew it entirely. Am I just having a memory lapse?

Ehmm, during the installation, at some point Anaconda will ask you how you
want the disk set up, and you can choose between various partition layouts:
default, this, that, and --- custom. So choose to create custom layout, and
use the GUI interface (is it called disk druid?) to create all the partitions
you want manually. The type of each partition is at your disposal to choose
---  ext#, fat, this, that, etc... Alternetively, you may create LVM volumes
and partitions inside them. It's all there in the GUI, and it's completely
configurable. Nothing is forced down on you, AFAIK.

The only thing I miss is the ability to use old-school fdisk instead of disk
druid, but over time I learned to trust it to do its job as well as fdisk. :-)

HTH, :-)
Marko