Re: list server got slower ?

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 10:29 -0500, Mail Lists wrote:
>  It clearly shows delay exactly as original post said 2-3 mins in
> int-mx05 ... and 7-10 mins in lists01-xxx

I managed to miss seeing the additional delay.

>   If each message takes 15 mins to process that would be a maximum of
> 96 messages per day outgoing ... sounds like a potential problem no?
> Doesn't sound like normal processing time to me ... but what do I
> know.

The only way we'll know what's happening is if we (or you) ask whoever's
actually in charge of those machines if they know the reason.

For all we know, that point in the chain could be where this list and
many others start to come together, and it's got a very large workload.
Or it could be the point that processes and destroys masses of spam.  Or
it's doing some other heavy processing as well as being a mail server.
But we'll never know by guessing.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686