Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 December 2009 11:06 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>>> How did you discover this? Trying it in a gnome desktop? :)

>>> Don't do that. See:
>>>
>>> http://ryanler.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/controlaltbackspace-shortcut-does-not-restart-the-x-server-in-fedora-11/
>>>

>>> (with screenshots even! :)
>>>
>>> There is no need at all to make an xorg.conf, and as you have seen it
>>> can cause problems moving forward.
>>>
>>> kevin
>>>

>> If the OP is interested, the command line way to do this would be to
>> have one of your login scripts like ~/.bash_profile say,
>>
>> setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
>>
>> ;)
> Suvayu:
>
> Thanks, this is interesting. So it is in .bash_profile and not
> .bashrc? Is there a similar way to do in either cshrc or, preferably,
> tcshrc?

At this point it would be helpful to read "man bash" and "man tcsh"
which will answer your questions about when the various ~/. files are read.

--
Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while. Guess
Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7