Re: [Fedora] Re: IBM Netfinity 5000

I had four of them. They came from IBM with the service partition installed. They also came with a set of SmartStart 8+ CD's for NetWare, NT4, SCO, AIX, etc. in the event you needed to restore them to their factory configuration following a disk failure.

If the factory software is missing from the service partition or is corrupted that's what your problem is.

Compaq rack mount DL-360's behave exactly the same way your describing when their service partition is corrupted or missing. When configured correctly Fedora 11 installs without incident.

Jack