Re: OT: howto change Firefox's default print options

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 13:42 -0800, Mike Wright wrote:

Rick Stevens wrote:
On 12/22/2009 11:32 AM, Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

I need help with the default printing options in Firefox. It has a very
annoying "feature" when trying to print: it insists on providing me with
preselected headers and footers.

I believe the things you're looking for are in about:config.  Look
for "print.printer_(printer_name).(attribute).  The attributes are:

    print_footercenter
    print_footerleft
    print_footerright
    print_headercenter
    print_headerleft
    print_headerright

Thanks, Rick.

Those are the ones I mucked with. No cigar though. Any changes made there cause the status to change temporarily from default to user_defined. After printing the current document they revert back to default.

You've probably tried this, but just in case you haven't... :-)

File -> Print... -> Options tab -> Header and Footer

There are two rows of three pull-down option menu boxes that correspond
to the six about:config options you already found. You can set any or
all to --blank--. Any changes you make should be written to the
~/.mozilla/firefox/<random>.default/prefs.js file when you exit Firefox.
It should be owned by <you>.<you> and its access permissions should be
755.

Unfortunately, there are only two ways out of the print box: print and cancel.

Thanks, anyway

HTH
--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL