OT: howto change Firefox's default print options

Hi all,

I need help with the default printing options in Firefox. It has a very annoying "feature" when trying to print: it insists on providing me with preselected headers and footers.
Page defaults can only be set after selecting "Print". Go to tab
Options and then manually deselect the four preset header and footer
options. That boils down to seven mouse clicks, *per document*, just to
get rid of something I never asked for and don't want. What "usability"
genius thought that one up? (Are we sure we haven't been invaded by M$
moles?)
I've tried making changes in about:config but have no idea what I'm
looking for. The probable looking things I've changed seem to have no
effect.
If anybody knows how to do this I'd love to learn it from you.

Thanks for your help,
Mike Wright