Re: Some Thunderbird attachments don't start application

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 14:07 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
> don't understand why same attachment starts openoffice in F12 (two
> boxes) , that are both standard installation.
> What is different???

Configurations???  Without seeing your computers, or example emails, we
cannot tell, just make the usual guesses about the problems.

Do you mean the exact same email, or the same sort of email?

If you look in the source code for the messages, you can see the MIME
type declared in the header above the attachment.

There's a chance that you did configure the other programs to handle
octet-stream types with a particular application, the first time you
tried to open one of them.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686