Re: F10 rpm of grub2 completely broken

On Monday 14 December 2009, Michael Schwendt wrote:

>> >Based on what measurements? What tools did you use to determine that it
>> >was slower?
>>
>> click on a window close button, pick up empty coffee cup & walk to
>> kitchen & refill it, get back to viewing the monitor in about a minute
>> and another 30 seconds goes by before the window closes.  That is slow by
>> any definition.
>
>More importantly, this doesn't sound normal by any definition. What you
>describe is not supposed to be like that, not when comparing 32-bit F10
>with 64-bit F12 and not either when taking into account any 3rd party
>video drivers. It should be rather obvious that you've run into some
>special problem.

I wish it was, but my posts to this list about it were ignored for a week,
and generally so were the posts bitching about the grub2 rpm being supplied,
its broken in that it only searches the boot its booted from.  The same grub2
autoconfig'er in the Mint 8 install gets it right, finding all the the
installed distros on the system but does make a couple of minor, easily
fixable mistakes.

But you didn't want to hear it, vendor lock in and all that sort of politics.

In mint 8 for instance, I installed the fglrx stuff and my video is just
under 10x faster than it is when running F10.  By the end of the week I will
have switched to either mandriva or mint 8, both 64 bit installs, so its
moot, I know the yellow in my cheerios didn't come from the milk.

Your treatment of redhat/fedora users with over a decade of use has finally
reached the quitting point.  You refuse to fix openssh, hoping that would
force me to install F12, and when I do and have problems, its go pound sand.

My hammer broke.  And the pieces have been deleted by over-writing that
install.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Work without a vision is slavery, Vision without work is a pipe dream,
But vision with work is the hope of the world.