Re: I upgraded to F12 and I can only run a console session. Help ! (wifii administration from a console ?)

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Julian Aloofi <julian.fedoralists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think i could rectify the situation if I ran yum update but I don't have a
> wifi connection from the console session. How does one administer a wifi
> connection from the command line in F12 ?  I know my SSID, etc,  but how do
> I set it from the command line ?

If you have it installed by any chance, cnetworkmanager does a great job for
this. If not, you could just "yumdownloader cnetworkmanager" on another
machine and copy the RPM over with an USB stick and install it, all
dependencies should be met when you installed a normal desktop system.

I installed cnetwork manager and I can't get a wifi connection for some reason.  I invoke cnetworkmanager -C <myISSD> options and hangs.

So I got out a network cable and plugged into my router.   I can ping the router the router just fine (192.168.0.1) but as soon as I try to reach anything beyond that (ping www.google.com) I get an unknown host error.   Why and how do I fix that ?  cnetworkmanager shows eth0 to up activated.

Thanks