Re: Compiz plugins

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 17:20 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> I've always found this "super" and "meta" terminology quite confusing.
> What keys do you press when you read "press <alt>+<meta3>+F9" in some
> instruction manual?

It seems only third party, very old, web pages ever go into any
information about this.  Keyboard documentation is crap in Fedora.

The Gnome keyboard preferences let you pick what's Alt, Super, Hyper,
but doesn't detail what they're for.  It also lets you pick what changes
layout, but doesn't indicate the manner that'll be done.  There's
something about selecting "third level choosers," whatever they are.

And then there's the ever-changing methods of handling keyboards.  From
one release to the next, I find that certain hotkeys just do not work.
Again, I'm back to being completely unable to specify a working hotkey
combination to lock the screen.  CTRL ALT L starting working in Fedora
9, and stopped in Fedora 11.  Any combination I try to set is completely
ignored.  Likewise for some other shortcuts that I'm supposedly able to
set via preferences.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686