Re: packagegit authentication

2009/12/2 Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In previous versions of Fedora there was a tool in the Administration menu
> that allowed me to configure authorization. There was a convenient list of
> all system activities, and whether or not a root password is required.
> Unless I'm hallucinating, I remember doing it before.

You are not hallucinating.

I read somewhere (and if anyone can tell me where, I'd be grateful)
that there were big changes and simplifications planned in PolicyKit.
That interface seems to have been removed and replaced with two
"roles" in /etc/group - see here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2009-August/msg00103.html

Even knowing that the roles/groups are desktop_admin_r (which I only
know because my user is in it), doesn't give me any clues as to where
I read about it. Maybe someone else's google-fu is better than mine
today...

--
Sam