Re: HP Pavilion dv6 hangs at boot.

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Jatin K wrote:

On 12/02/2009 10:42 AM, Tom Diehl wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone tried to install F12 on an HP Pavilion dv6-1334? I am trying to boot the live cd and when it gets to "starting udev" the machine hangs. I have tried a couple of command line options line iommu=off and iommu=soft but the behavior
does not change.

I looked at google and bugzilla for suggestions but so far no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this machine to boot?

Regards,

try disabling the FDD, if it is in BIOS

It is already disabled.

I suspect there is some kernel parameter I can pass at boot but I have no
idea what. I really wish there was a chart somewhere that listed all of the
kernel boot options and what they do.

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl       tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx      Spamtrap address mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx