Re: Upgrading : give me strength ...

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:08:58 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On 11/25/2009 09:11 PM, Beartooth wrote:
>
>> 	That url is the "troubleshooting site" I meant. I've tried both
>> ways. The first fails because I can't get enough cruft out of /boot;
>
> Ok. So whats the size of your /boot and how much space is left? How many
> kernels do you have installed?

	I'll have to post that one machine at a time; somehow (whether
because of Pan 0.133, or my local access provider, or what, I don't know)
it makes trouble to have multiple newsreaders running at once.

	Meanwhile, there is a new development. I had burned the install
DVD on the first disk that came handy, which happened to be double-sided.
I thought to try a well-used DVD-RW instead, and put that into #4
machine. It seems to be working. Stay tuned.

> You can use something like the Live CD to
> resize your boot partition as well, I guess.

	I did try both gparted and qtparted on one machine, and just got
snarled up; I haven't tried the live CD yet, but will -- unless the new
DVD really does succeed.