Re: F12 installation stalled

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:16:36 -0600
"Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Trying to do a "darned near Everything" 32-bit installation on an old
> Thinkpad A22p with 1GHz P-III/M and 512MB. Several hours in things
> appeared to stall during the wesnoth-data RPM. I'm still seeing a
> fairly steady disk activity light, but I suspect there may be a
> spanner in the spokes. Switching to the F2 console, df shows no
> changes in disk space used/available for the past 6+ hours.
>
> Can I do anything at this point besides punt and start over? Is it
> possible to go to the F2 console to stop/change/restart anything and
> resume the installation?
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL

It could be that what your seeing is 'thrashing' as the system reaches
its limits for memory use (how much swap is used?).  It might be that
after a very long time everything will be resolved.  However, you might
want to consider just reinstalling with a minimal install.  After that
is going, *then* install all the other stuff.