F12 installation stalled

Trying to do a "darned near Everything" 32-bit installation on an old
Thinkpad A22p with 1GHz P-III/M and 512MB. Several hours in things
appeared to stall during the wesnoth-data RPM. I'm still seeing a fairly
steady disk activity light, but I suspect there may be a spanner in the
spokes. Switching to the F2 console, df shows no changes in disk space
used/available for the past 6+ hours.

Can I do anything at this point besides punt and start over? Is it
possible to go to the F2 console to stop/change/restart anything and
resume the installation?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL