Re: Upgrading from FC8 to F12 - please help

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:44:04 +0300
Andrew Junev <a-j@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I can see in the log files it detects my disk as /dev/sda, but then it
> says:
>
> wrong # of devices in RAID set "pdc_eceihagjh" [1/2] on /dev/sda
>
> So the installer probably rejects an idea to install Fedora on a
> degraded array - am I right? Is there a way to force it?
>
> I'd like to keep an old system on the spare drive for the time being.
> It is actually accessible when booting from a Live CD and I think I
> may need some configuration files from there to set up new system
> correctly.

I am not an expert in this, but my question would be, "Are you
comfortable with using gparted or fdisk to change the drive so it is
seen as empty?"  Alternatively you could use mke2fs to create an empty
ext? filesystem on it.  That should take care of the anaconda issue.

By the way, it sounds like you are doing just fine in resolving this
issue.