Re: HP DL360 G6 ILLEGAL OPCODE

Hi Gilboa,

Gilboa Davara <gilboad@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 12:16 +0100, Michael Welle wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> well, I wish the situation would be as clear as that... I will not
>> fingerpointing on someone in the public, but it might turn out as a
>> software issue, but not one of the OS vendors.
>
> I've got a simple test.
> Try installing RHEL 5.4 / CentOS 5.4 (Officially supported by HP).
> If it works, its a grub regression in Fedora 12.
I'm in doubt that it is so simple. Maybe Andrews and my red screen are
caused by different reasons. Remember, I can configure and install a
machine for the first time -> red screen. Now I just restart the
installation process and all seems to work. I haven't found a way to
reset the machine to a state where I can reproduce the red screen. And
remember, the partition table in the MBR is different on the same
machine in the erroneous resp. the good state. And there is the
observation that the machine seems to red screen if the bootloader in
the MBR is not valid. Google knows other people with a similar problem.

> If it doesn't, contact HP.
Well...

> P.S. We have used a number of DL380G6 running RHEL 5.4/64 and I never
> noticed anything wrong.
> Sadly enough, there are out of my reach so I can't really test F12
> on'em.
>
>> Are you from HP support ;)?
>
> Last time I checked, no.
Uff, lucky me ;). I asked because the HP support asks about the firmware
updates over and over again ;).

> (We simply use a lot of HP servers... :))
My customer has tons of them, too.

Regards
hmw

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html