Re: building dvd

Le 25/11/2009 04:20, Mike Martin a écrit :
> 2009/11/24 Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>:
>> Rajan, S. (Sanya) wrote:
>>> Hi François,
>>>
>>> You could try using Tovid: http://tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Tovid_Wiki
>>> It can convert almost any video format and create a DVD from them.

OK. I could try tovid... The only problem from install is that the
permissions are for root only, so a simple user cannot use it!!!

It took me some times to understand that.

BTW I could not do anything with tovid. It is a nice program which does
nothing, so, no problem, and no solution.

I tried it. Seems to be able to make nice menu for a dvd, but not a dvd.

>> Recommended.

If it is, User guide is missing!

>> --
>>
> You may want to have a look at my app - http://sourceforge.net/projects/burn360/
>
> It does have a totally different approach to most similar programs and
> is a perl-gtk2 app.
>
> Basically it is a frontend to ffmpeg (transcoding), dvdauthor (for
> ripping and creation of dvds)
>
> I initially wrote it because of similar problems
>
> It has a fairly simple list of dependencies which are detailed in the README

I tried it too. But without any success.

What I want: to convert a file m2t with films, audio tracks (at least 2:
original version, and other language version(s) and subtitles (at least
2 tracks).

Every attempt to "transcode" destroys the sound and subtitles tracks: I
get only 1 audio track and no subtitles.

Is there any software able to preserve anything?

Even if I have to extract the sound and subtitles tracks (how?) and
remix them with the new encoding.

Thanks for attention.

- --
François Patte