Re: loopback mounting a LVM in two disk image files

fred smith wrote:
I've got two files that are disk images of /dev/sda and /dev/sdb, containing
my F11 installation from my eeepc 901. I'd like to occasioinally be able to
access files therein without having to restore them to the "disks" in the
901 (thereby blowing away my F12 installation, btw.)

I created them with f11's Anaconda, using its default settings to partition
the two drives into one big LVM volume, with separate /boot and swap.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find out how to access the
partition hidden somewhere within that 20 gigs of bits?

recipes welcome.

Thanks!

Hi Fred,

I suggest you do some research into losetup

the example at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_device may be a good place to start and then you would need to do a vgscan to mount your LVM partions.