Re: screen background problem on F12

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:22:05AM -0500, fred smith wrote:
> Hi all!

Anybody got any clues on this one? So far no one has replied. I've been
searching fedora forums and mailing lists, and gnome forums and mailing
lists and no solutions have turned up.

it's rather a pain in the neck:

I can set a wallpaper and it disappears (i.e., reverts to the system
default) as soon as I change desktops or log off/on.

Never did that on F11, why is it doing it now, and more importantly,
what do I do about it?

Thanks!

> F12 is looking really good here, but I do have one small issue that I'd
> like guidance on...
>
> when I change the wallpaper (background) image, it reverts to the original
> one as soon as I do one of: logout and in; reboot; use the desktop switcher,
> after which even the original desktop has reverted.
>
> How to make it stick? Even choosing the "make default" button makes no
> difference, it still reverts.
>
> And worse, the default image isn't the right size/shape, so it leaves
> big white borders on the left and right side of the screen. :(
>
> Never had this problem on F10 or F11 on the same computer.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> ---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
>                       The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
>                     keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
>
> --

---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked