Re: No Flash/sound in F12 Firefox

Marko Vojinovic writes:

> firefox-3.5.5-1.fc12.x86_64
> libflashplayer-10.0.32.18.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz

Try this one:

http://www.verisign.com/domain-name-services/find-registrar/index.html

The flash on this page kills my Firefox, with the same plugin version that
you're running.

Works for me. I am not sure what am I expected to see on the page and how does it fail for you, but I don't see any problem with it. Apparently, the page loaded, I browsed a bit here and there, don't see any problems. Firefox definitely does not crash itself by merely loading this page. Am I supposed to take some specific action to trigger it?

Nope. Just loading the page kills Firefox for me. There's some flash on that page. It's definitely the flash plugin because after removing the plugin I can load that page just fine.

A contributing factor may be privoxy, which I use. By itself, privoxy is benign, of course, and has no effect,aside from cleaning up all the clutter. One possibility, that occured to me, is the loaded flash code quietly calling back to the mothership, which privoxy blocks; and with no checking of the error path, flash is crashing.