Re: Autofs under Fedora-12

Ed Greshko wrote:

>> Is there a problem with autofs/automount under Fedora-12?
>>
>> I have exactly the same settings that I had in Fedora-11,
>> but the mount command is not being completed at boot-time,
>> although I have no problem giving it later by hand.
>>
> I'm a bit confused about what command you're giving later.....

Thanks for your response.

I meant the mount command:
sudo mount alfred:/common /common

> I've used autofs before and don't recall any commands to get it to
> work.  The automount command modifies the auto.master file and the file
> system would get mounted when the directory is accessed.

I have exactly the same auto.master as before:
-----------------------------------
# special mount point defined by direct map file
/-              auto_direct
-----------------------------------
and exactly the same auto_direct
-----------------------------------
/common -rw,sync alfred:/common
-----------------------------------

> Could it be that you don't have the autofs service starting at boot
> time?  chkconfig --list autofs

-----------------------------------
[tim@rose ~]$ chkconfig --list autofs
autofs          0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

I just checked on another similar (Thinkpad T43) computer running Fedora-12.
Automount/autofs works fine on this machine.

Thinking about it, I suspect the problem lies in NetworkManager.
In both cases the mount is over WiFi.

I notice that NM takes longer to start than it used to
on the T43 where autofs does not work.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net