Re: f12 yum/rpm commands to list all dependencies on a library

On 11/21/2009 08:37 PM, Tony Nelson wrote:
On 09-11-21 21:07:14, Skunk Worx wrote:
On f12 I see a package called oprofile-gui depends on the qt3-3.8b
rpm.

What command(s) can I run inside a local repo (where all the rpm
packages are) that will tell me how many f12 "Everything" packages
are still using qt3?

     # repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps qt3

You may need to specify the repository with
"--repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url>" see `man repoquery`.

What command(s) can I run for the locally installed package set that
will tell me how many packages are still using qt3?

Well, there's always `yum remove qt3` and answer "no" (as long as
"assumeyes" is not set).

I have a project that I am porting to x86_64/qt4 and would prefer not
to mix the two subsystems on my development machine.

The /etc/profile.d/qt* files are currently pointing the default
QTDIR, QTINC, QTLIB, and PATH variables at qt-3.3 locations even
though I'v installed qt-devel which is qt-4.5.

Possibly this is a use for a chroot, or maybe mock or even mach.  (I
have not done this.)

I used both of the suggestions and they do exactly what I want.

There are 257 qt3 projects in the repo, many of which are explicitly qt3 named so the actual list could be shorter....only oprofile_gui is currently installed and requiring qt3.

Still undecided on whether to remove the gui and risk future breakage by changing the paths or running chroot etc.

Thanks,
John