Re: Another preupgrade disaster -

On 21/11/09 11:49, stan wrote:
I haven't got anything more to offer for preupgrade help.  Maybe
someone eles can give you more help, or you can find a bugzilla that
has your error at http://bugzilla.redhat.com .  Good luck.

   Thanks for the help, it's been another interesting experience for me
   but I'm about ready to give up on what I have.

   I "fixed" the partition problems with fdisk, after which I could no
   longer boot F-11 much less install F-12. Apparently it was booting
   from that disk. And apparently the livecd doesn't work as a rescue
   disk. I have the F-12 livecd and will bite the bullet and go through
   the same routine I've done so many times before with an install from
   scratch.

   I could try other things but hate to waste bandwidth downloading
   "disk 1" just to get a rescue function with which I might not
   succeed anyway.

   Bob