locale environment variables

I could use some help in understanding the process which Fedora systems apply to the locale environment variables (specifically LANG and LC_ALL). It seems that from /etc/profile.d/lang.sh, LC_ALL is unset unless it was already initialized to something other than the value of LANG.

    if [ -n "$LC_ALL" ]; then
       if [ "$LC_ALL" != "$LANG" ]; then
         export LC_ALL
       else
         unset LC_ALL
       fi
    else
       unset LC_ALL
    fi

I seem to have an application that requires these two variables to be set to the same value, so instead of modifying the system wide profile config, I decided to add the following to ~/.bash_profile since this app runs under only one account:

   if [ "$LC_ALL" != "$LANG" ]; then
       LC_ALL=$LANG
       export LC_ALL
   fi

The problem I have now is that this app generates it own job submission which basically runs a script that dynamically generates another script for execution later. I'm not a developer so I don't understand the entire process, but without exporting these two variables inside the first script, the LC_ALL variable is still being unset by the system wide profile. I don't know if this illustrates the same issue, but when I establish an initial SSH session, I see the values set for both variables as desired, however if I simply kick off another bash shell, the LC_ALL is unset again.

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
$ bash
$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Any explanation of why this is occurring or advise on how to change the behavior would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hook