Re: Chainloader question.

On 09-11-21 02:39:20, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> On 20/11/09 23:50, Mikkel wrote:
> > Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> >> Can a 64-bit system be chainloaded from a 32-bit?
> >>
> > What do you mean by chainloaded? If you are talking about a Grub,
> > then it is the same for a 32 or 64 bit version of Fedora. Grub is a
> > boot loader that is independent of the OS installed. (Except for
> > storing its files.)
> >
> My setup is fairly simple. I have a running fedora 10, 32-bit
> version. I have uild a 64-bit fedora 12 system which I want to
> chainload using grub from F10. So far I have only got the answer
> "Geom error" and I thought that might be due to the different
> architectures.

No, it's some other problem, such as wrong disk / partition or the
suggestion that Grub needs a reinstall on the target partition.  If the
target partition won't boot directly either, reinstall Grub there.
Otherwise, use Grub's command-line and autocompletion to look for the
chainload disk interactively; see `info grub`.