upgrading i686 F11 -> x86-64 F12

Hi all,

I am currently running 32-bit F11 on a 64-bit system. With this upgrade I'd
like to upgrade to 64-bit F12. I am assuming the best if not only way to do
this is by a fresh install. To expedite things, I was wondering if there was
a way of exporting from rpm a list of the current installed packages, then
reinstalling them from that list in the new system. I once read somewhere
instructions how to do that with apt.

Something like this on the command line:

$ rpm -qa | cut -d"." -f1 | cut -d"-" -f1

could be piped to a file. Is there a way of feeding it back in again? I
don't see anything obvious on the man page under the install options.

Thanks.

-----
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam