Re: How do I share a wireless network connection with a wired device ?

Linuxguy123 writes:

So, I reverted to using system-config-network and firestarter.  I
disabled NetworkManager controlling the devices.  Firestarter kept
saying that eth0 wasn't ready and crashing.   I know I've run into this
problem before with statically configured ports and firestarter, but I
can't remember what I did to fix it.

This is way harder than it needs to be !

I'm hoping the Network Manager in F12 will be a little more refined.

Sometimes, it's easier to configure things directly by editing the contents of /etc/sysconfig, rather than try to figure out how to do it using some flashy GUI.

What you want to do is not really that exotic. However it is also rather uncommon, so, sometimes, you find that the tools which are designed for average users and common situations simply cannot accomodate an unusual situation, even though, underneath, it's not really that complicated.