Re: unexpected logout

Dj YB wrote:
> On Wednesday November 11 2009 00:55:45 Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Tim wrote:

>>> Hint:  ls /var/log/Xorg*
>>>
>>> If it bombed out while you were idle, the usual suspect is a screen
>>> saver (a buggy one, or one finding a bug in your graphics driver).
>>>
>> In addition, I had a power supply go wonky that ended up being the culprit.
>>

> well, i am pretty curtain my power supply is good, but say I want to be sure
> as to what caused the logout, where can I see which process \ application
> triggered it?
> thanks

The point being made it that it is quite unlikely that a conventional,
controlled logout has occurred.   Chances are good that the X server
crashed or gdm crashed.  Those things that crash will not bring down the
system but they will get restarted and present you with a login screen.
This may lead you to conclude something logged you out.

Did you check the log as Tim suggested?

--
Would that my hand were as swift as my tongue. -- Alfieri Guess Who!
http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7