Re: Initializing hardware (new problem)

Robt C Parrish Sr. wrote:
and went back to the LiveCD. The installation went perfectly. After all was set and done I booted into Fedora. When I got to the Login I tried to login as root and got an "Authentication Failure" message. In other words, it wouldn't let me log in as root (yes I used the correct password). It would only allow me to log in as a user. I know I can use 'su' to switch. I can't think of a specific situation at the moment as to why but I would like the ability to log in as root.
This is disabled in the graphical login. If you press ALT-F2 (I hope I remember it correctly) Anyway when using ALF-F? you can change between graphical login and textmode. In the textmode console you can login as root if you need to do some system maintenance. All the graphical system maintenance tools should be run from your normal user account and supplied with root password when asked.

-vpk