Re: Wine or Fedora display problem?

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:23:24 +1000, Tom \"spot\" Callaway wrote:
	[....]
> FWIW, newer Garmin GPS units don't use a serial port anymore, they act
> like USB Mass Storage Devices, with a special folder layout.

	Yes, since you mention it, I had noticed that -- been waiting for
it, in fact.

> It actually makes it a lot easier to use it under Linux.

	Such was of course my hope -- thanks for the confirmation!

> ~spot, who is pretty happy with his Oregon 400T

	I've been chewing on a choice between the etrex vista HCx and the
GPSMAP® 60CSx; but I'd prefer to be able to keep the choice of the old
vista etrex (on the road, where it can usually see clear sky) and the
rino 120 (which does much better under Eastern forest canopies, and also
gets longer battery life).

	Are you able to run MapSource in Wine and get it to do updates??