Re: Fedora 12 vs. Ubuntu 9.10 Benchmarks ?!?

On 06/11/09 09:40, ne... wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 14:24, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://is.gd/4NU9N
>>
>> Phoronix published Fedora 12 vs. Ubuntu 9.10 Benchmarks
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> Fedora 12 performed on most test better than Ubuntu, nice work guys/
>> galls :)
> Well, I just did a tally of the results on the link you posted and
> Ubuntu, believe
> it or not, bested Fedora by a score of 9 to 5.
>
> ne...

Be honest folks, Linux settings can be tweaked, so unless you can
honestly say it's a fair comparison I'm not bothered. That said, it's
more than likely the default settings after installation will vary
between distros, not to mention the package versions, and hence my lack
of concern. Currently I'm using Fedora 11, which I'm happy with, it's
stable, reliable, and updated regularly from repos using yum. What more
do you want? If you insist on wanting to be a speed demon, then go look
up the tweaks available.

JB