Re: Fedora PPC for oldworld Mac?

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Tony Nelson
<tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No.  I saw nothing that indicated support for oldworld Macs -- "if
> you can persuade them to boot they probably ought to work" shows they
> haven't been tried and that I would have a hard time in any case, and
> on PenguinPPC.org, I found a table [2] saying only newworld for Fedora.

Ah sorry, I completely missed the new/old world distinction; thanks
for the pointers.

> Now back to my question.  Have /you/ installed a recent Fedora on an
> oldworld PCI Mac?  Or do you know of anyone who has?

I don't owe any Mac hardware (I'd probably add "unfortunately"...),
but I think there are developers with different kind of PPC macs
around in fedora-devel.
However, from the wiki link you gave, I also suspect there could be no
significant userbase among them for those oldworld macs, otherwise the
text would be more encouraging.

On the flip side, it looks like the wiki page is quite old, and the
text seems to indicate the real problem is how to start the
installation (yes, this is entirely my own speculation...) so at least
you have some pointers to work on...

Cheers

G.

--