Re: rkhunter question

Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
On 23/10/09 14:39, François Patte wrote:
Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) a écrit :
On 23/10/09 12:09, François Patte wrote:
Bonjour,
--snip--

Have you updated any files with yum\PackageKit?
Installed new packages with yum.

If the updateed pkgs names, match the rkhunter changed pkgs.
That would be your reason.

The argument can be made that rpm upgrade should handle dependencies, and clearly this isn't happening. I wouldn't dream of suggesting a change in build procedure at this time, but I think some discussion of updates to the rkhunter values should happen, and perhaps some new values could be generated. I don't think having admins deciding when new values are safe is realistic, too many people don't, won't, or can't do it.

Consider the issue of a bogus package silently changing the rkhunter data recognized, but if I trust Fedora enough to allow installation of a new kernel, I'm pretty deeply on board with trusting the install process.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>