Re: New scanner/printer combo

On Saturday 24 October 2009, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Saturday 24 October 2009, Jim wrote:

>[...]
>
>[...]
>>>
>>> I suggest to keep an eye on http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/
>>> these guys make some linux drivers for Epson devices (they are in some
>>> way related to Epson). I see that they already have Imagescan for the
>>> NX415 (actually Image Scan! for Linux&  Photo Image Print System Lite)
>>> Click on the download for "all in ones", select the NX415 and of you
>>> go.....
>>>

>>> Good luck|
>>>
>>> Louis
>>
>>These drivers from
>>
>>http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/
>>
>>are not of the greatest, so keep check for Gutenprint-cups drivers they do
>> very good drivers.
>>
>>Do a yum install gutenprint-cups and see if your printer is in the Printer
>> selection chart
>
>Unforch:
>Package gutenprint-cups-5.2.4-4.fc10.i386 already installed and latest
>version
>
>Because if I had my druthers, only gutenprint would ever be installed, all
>the others are just so much noise in the cups driver list.
>
>Thanks.

And a PS to my PS, Cups test pages sent to the NX-400 driver are exactly
scaled and centered. Cups test pages sent via the Epson supplied NX-0515
driver are also correctly scaled, for an A4 page, with about a 3mm border on
the left, a good 10 or 11mm on the right, and with an estimated 20mm clipped
off the bottom.

And its also quite fast, but at 360x360 it should dance a regular jig anyway.
Epson paid driver authors trying to do GPL code just don't grok it at all.

Sigh...  Beam me up Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here that isn't
working on linux.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

You cannot use your friends and have them too.